Are you a team-focused, experienced Traffic Operations Engineer with a well-rounded traffic engineering background who is interested in traffic studies and traffic signal design? This individual will join our traffic team in our Elgin, Illinois. As a Traffic Engineer with HLR you will have the opportunity to experience every facet of traffic engineering. We encourage you to apply below if you wish to become a versatile member of the expanding HLR family.
- Design of traffic signal and coordinated signal systems, signing, and pavement marking plans.
- Traffic modeling, intersection capacity analysis, and intersection design studies.
- Preparation of traffic studies, safety studies, and other traffic related studies.
- Serve as a project manager for selected projects.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in traffic engineering
- EIT with ability to obtain professional license in Illinois within 12 months of hire
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited program
- Hands on experience with common traffic engineering software including HCS+, Synchro/Sim Traffic, MicroStation
- Strong technical writing and communications skills