Do you enjoy working outdoors? Enjoy the challenge of plans and staking? and looking for a challenging career? We are a growing transportation engineering and surveying firm providing civil, structural and surveying for public agencies. We are currently seeking a Surveyor in Training for our Elgin, Illinois office. This individual will have their bachelors of science degree and have their Surveyor in Training (SIT) license. $10,000 Sign on Bonus for the candidate that meets these qualifications. Candidates found with a recruiter will not receive the sign on bonus.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work with a Professional Licensed Surveyor assisting in the survey work on transportation, municipal, and engineering projects.
- Perform topographic and ALTA/NSPS surveys, create plats of highways, easement plats and legal descriptions.
- Physical tasks such as pounding stakes, setting monuments, clearing line, etc.
- Operate as a one-man crew, as well as part of a team.
- Read and understand title comittments, engineering and architectural plans.
- Physical requirements including walking over uneven terrain and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Position may require overtime and some out of town travel.
- Must have Bachelors of Science degree
- Must have passed or is scheduled to sit for the Surveyor in Training license
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- We will train the right candidate
- CST III or SIT preferred, but not required
- Experience with route, right-of-way, and ALTA/ACSM surveys a plus
- Construction layout experience on IDOT and/or ISTHA projects a plus