Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) is a growing transportation engineering and surveying firm providing civil and structural engineering for public agencies. We are currently seeking a Survey Technician. This position is based out of our Mount Carmel, Illinois office.
- Perform construction layout using Trimble Robotic Total Stations, GPS, and Trimble Data
- Perform topographic and land surveys
- Perform machine control set up and data prep
- Perform physical tasks such as pounding stakes, setting monuments, clearing line, etc.
- Operate as a one-man crew
- Read and understand construction plans to perform layout calculations
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Licensing not required
- Willing to travel for a few days at a time
- Experience with Civil 3D, TBC, MicroStation and ESRI products is a plus, but not required
- Experience with route, right-of-way, and ALTA/ACSM surveys is a plus
- Construction layout experience on IDOT and/or ISTHA projects is a plus
HLR offers competitive wages and benefits, including: health, life, and disability insurance; 401K with company match; and vacation and holiday pay.