Do you enjoy working outdoors? Are you a quick learner and up to the challenge of working on different projects that include survey work and construction inspection? We are a growing transportation engineering and surveying firm providing civil, structural and surveying for public agencies. We are currently seeking a Survey Technician /Construction Inspector for our Mt. Carmel, Illinois office.
- Perform construction layout using Trimble Robotic Total Stations, GPS, and TSC3 Data Collectors
- Ability to perform topographic and land surveys
- Physical tasks such as pounding stakes, setting monuments, clearing line, etc.
- Operate as a one-man crew, as well as part of a team
- Read and understand construction plans to perform layout calculations, a plus but not necessary
- Physical requirements including walking over uneven terrain and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Position may require overtime and some out of town travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- We will train the right candidate
- Mathematical aptitude a plus
- Willingness to travel a few days at a time