Do you enjoy working outdoors? Enjoy the challenge of plans and staking? and looking for a challenging career? We are a growing transportation engineering and surveying firm providing civil, structural and surveying for public agencies. We are currently seeking a Survey Technician for our Elgin, Illinois office.
- Perform construction layout using Trimble Robotic Total Stations, GPS, and TSC3 Data Collectors
- Ability to perform topographic and land surveys
- Physical tasks such as pounding stakes, setting monuments, clearing line, etc.
- Operate as a one-man crew, as well as part of a team
- Read and understand construction plans to perform layout calculations, a plus but not necessary
- Physical requirements including walking over uneven terrain and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Position may require overtime and some out of town travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- We will train the right candidate
- CST III or SIT preferred, but not required
- Experience with route, right-of-way, and ALTA/ACSM surveys a plus
- Construction layout experience on IDOT and/or ISTHA projects a plus