Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Survey Project Manager (PLS). Are you a Professional Land Surveyor who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of its employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
We’ve built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client’s vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day you’ll:
- Manage boundary, topographic, ALTA, and right-of-way survey projects
- Set up and manage projects and budgets in Vision; complete Project Management Templates
- Perform research necessary for survey projects
- Process data collected for boundary, topographic, ALTA and right-of-way surveys
- Prepare manhour estimates, scope, and schedules for survey projects; maintain project scope/schedule change log
- Review and prepare survey plats, subdivision plats, right-of-way plats and legal descriptions, and monument records
- Perform monument reconnaissance, monument preservation, and reestablish property and section corners
- Read and interpret legal descriptions and title documents
- Sign and seal documents prepared under direct supervision
- Facilitate and attend project meetings
- Prepare biweekly progress report for clients
- Organize work and set priorities to meet project deadlines
- Maintain equipment and software, and make requests for equipment purchases
- Understand and follow safety guidelines and company policies
Qualifications and Education:
- PLS license in Illinois
- BSCE with 24 semester hours of Land Surveying classes, or BS degree in Land Surveying from an ABET-accredited university
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- 8+ years of progressively more challenging assignments
- Professional Project Management Training Experience on IDOT/ISTHA projects or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Complete understanding of boundary retracement procedures and statutes for Illinois
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application through the link below. We look forward to meeting you!