Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Springfield, IL is looking to hire a full-time Structural Engineer. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
We’ve built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client’s vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Coordinate, review, and complete structural design calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports
- Perform linear and non-linear structural analyses, bridge inspections, load ratings, and assessment reports
- Complete hydrologic and hydraulic analyses for bridges and box culverts
- Review for quality assurance and quality control and ensure compliance with quality standards
- Coordinate and communicate with clients, technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, and contractors
- Participate in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Serve as a project engineer or project manager on a variety of projects according to experience
- Public involvement may include reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material
- Participate in project interviews where a Structural Project Engineer is required
Qualifications and Education:
- Must be licensed as a Structural Engineer in the State of Illinois
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois, or ability to obtain an Illinois license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must have design experience on structural projects in Illinois according to IDOT standards
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- NBIS Team Lead or ability to earn Team Lead in Bridge Inspection License
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application through the link below. We look forward to meeting you!