Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Stormwater Engineer. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
We’ve built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client’s vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day you’ll:
- Take on an increasingly responsible role in the design of projects
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria on moderately complex projects
- Develop plans, specifications, schedules, permits, and inspection reports in accordance with good engineering practice
- Serve as a technical advisor to entry-level project team members
- Receive instruction on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions from professional engineering staff
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates
- Develop construction cost estimates for projects
- Serve as onsite project representative
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related steps or processes
- Prepare comprehensive stormwater reports to support design or permitting regulations
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, and traffic signals
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Passed the Fundamental in Engineering exam
- A minimum of 3 years of related engineering experience
- Professional Engineer license in Illinois, or ability to become licensed within 18 months of hire
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Certification within 12 months of hire
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word in the preparation of reports, specifications, and narrative communication with clients
- Experience in the following areas: stormwater ordinance interpretation, municipal design, InRoads, MicroStation, GEOPAK, GIS, stormwater modeling (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, Hydraflow), and construction observation/administration
- Previous experience in permitting through IDNR-OWR, USACE, and Local County Stormwater Ordinances
- Soil erosion and sediment control design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application through the link below. We look forward to meeting you!