Our Resident Engineers are team-focused individuals who thrive on working on challenging projects in our growing Phase III department. We are currently recruiting for this position in our Elgin office. Come join this fast-paced and growing department. Apply below!
- Resident Engineering on IDOT, Illinois Tollway (ISTHA), City of Chicago, municipal, and county projects.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with clients and contractors by leading weekly meetings and distributing regular progress reports.
- Identify potential project issues that may impact schedule/budget and work with all interested parties to remedy the situation.
- Prepare project documentation according to IDOT (or client specific) requirements.
- Pay Estimate and Change Order preparation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- IDOT, ISTHA, and/or City of Chicago (CDOT/CDWM) project experience preferred but not required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or an Engineer-In-Training with intent to achieve State of Illinois Professional Engineer License is preferred but not required.
- IDOT Documentation and ICORS Certification preferred.
- Ideal candidate would possess some experience in Phase II Design.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation ability preferred.