Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Resident Engineer. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
We’ve built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client’s vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Act as a Resident Engineer performing construction oversight on municipal, county, IDOT, and Illinois Tollway (ISTHA) projects
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with contractors and clients by leading weekly meetings and distributing regular progress reports
- Identify potential project issues that may impact schedule/budget and work with all interested parties to remedy the situation
- Prepare project documentation according to IDOT (or client specific) requirements
- Prepare pay estimates and change orders
- Assist with transportation design work as needed during winter months
Qualifications and Education:
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Independent and self-motivated
- IDOT Documentation and ICORS Certification preferred
- IDOT and ISTHA project experience desired, but not required
- Experience in roadway design
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation ability preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application through the link below. We look forward to meeting you!