Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Project Surveyor. Are you a Professional Land Surveyor who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois. At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day you’ll:
- Perform boundary, topographic, ALTA, and right-of-way surveys.
- Perform research necessary for survey projects.
- Process data collected for boundary, topographic, ALTA, and right-of-way surveys.
- Review and prepare survey plats, subdivision plats, right-of-way plats and legal descriptions, and monument records.
- Perform monument reconnaissance, monument preservation, reestablish property and section corners.
- Read and interpret legal descriptions and title documents.
- Organize work and set priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Understand and follow safety guidelines.
- PLS license in Illinois
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- 4+ years of progressively more challenging assignments
- Experience on IDOT/ISTHA projects or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Complete understanding of boundary retracement procedures and statutes for Illinois
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
The Project Surveyor will earn a competitive salary, depending on experience. We also offer health insurance (PPO and HSA), a dental allowance, an employer health savings account (HSA) contribution, vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a fitness allowance, a student loan paydown, an employee assistance program (EAP), flexible hours, continuing education, professional license expense reimbursement, professional society/association membership dues, and opportunities for career growth.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a fun and rewarding work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named an Employer of Choice by the Professional Services Management Journal (PSMJ), based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click the button below to apply.