Are you an experienced Project Engineer with a background in preliminary engineering for roadway reconstruction, bridge and culvert rehabilitation and replacement, intersection improvements, traffic signals, pedestrian and bicycle improvements, and ADA compliant design?
We encourage you to apply if you wish to become a versatile member of our expanding family. We are hiring in our Elgin location.
On any given day, you’ll:
Provide engineering support for a variety of publicly funded projects including: roadway reconstruction, bridge and culvert rehabilitation and replacement, intersection improvements, traffic signals, pedestrian and bicycle improvements, and ADA compliant design. You’ll be responsible for the concept, design, and engineering required to complete IDOT and Local Roads preliminary engineering projects.
- Work closely with Project Manager to provide project, scope, schedule, and budget
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and stakeholders, effectively both verbally and written.
- Understand project schedules and implement accordingly
- Understand and execute requirements for different funding opportunities
- Prepare and execute exhibits to communicate with clients for inclusion in project reports
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations
- Environmental Survey Request process
- Project Report writing
- Funding Application writing
- Project Cost Estimating
- Geometric Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or an EIT with the ability to achieve State of Illinois License within 6 months
- Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with IDOT and Phase 1 projects
- Experience with IDOT Bureau of Programming and Local Roads project processing procedures
- Experience with public involvement programs
- Microstation/Geopak software