Are you a civil engineer who enjoys the challenges of designing a variety of municipal and transportation projects? Do you enjoy design engineering that offers exposure in transportation, construction, municipal, structural, and traffic engineering?
We encourage you to apply if you wish to become a versatile member of our expanding family. We are hiring experienced civil engineers in our Elgin, location.
- Our firm specializes in providing comprehensive services throughout the planning, design and construction phases of engineering and environmental assignments.
- You will provide design engineering services in the preparation and modification of plans, specifications, and bid documents. Services will include design calculations, preparing permit applications, project estimate of costs, and design reports as required.
- Work with other professional engineers and specialists to achieve project goals.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related steps or processes.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Serve as onsite project representative during construction.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Bachelors Degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Professional Engineer in Illinois or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Valid Drivers License with a good driving record.
- A minimum of 3 years related engineering experience.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Experience in the following areas is beneficial: transportation and municipal design, Civil 3D, Bentley InRoads/GeoPak, Microstation, GIS, Modeling (traffic, water, sewer, and stormwater, and construction observation/administration.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- IDOT Document of Contract Quantities Certification.