Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Elgin, IL is looking to hire a full-time Civil Engineer (EIT) with 3+ years of experience. Are you a civil engineering professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of its employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
We’ve built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client’s vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
We believe that our team is what draws clients to our company. Our team is made up of smart, driven people with an impressive range of experience, achievements, and backgrounds. This is one of the reasons that our firm has become so highly respected in the industry and is a trusted partner in the community. We offer a flexible, remote schedule, competitive pay, great benefits, an open-door management style, a rewarding and fun work environment, and great work-life balance. We are proud to be named 2022 A/E/C Employer of Choice® by PSMJ Resources, Inc., based on our workforce retention, productivity, and superior level of employee engagement.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day you’ll:
- Assist in the preparation or modification of plans, specifications, report construction schedules, permits, and project design
- Perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates for projects
- Serve as onsite project representative
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related steps or processes
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam or will be taking the Fundamentals of Engineering exam within 6 months of hire
- Applied for or received EIT license or ability to obtain with 6 months of hire
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Previous internship experience in civil engineering a is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit, walk, reach, crouch, bend, and walk or stand on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application through the link below. We look forward to meeting you!