Are you a recent or upcoming December 2019 or May 2020 civil engineer graduate looking to kick start your career? Or are you an experienced Civil Engineer looking for a growth opportunity? We offer positions with exposure in transportation, construction, municipal, structural, and traffic engineering
As a Civil Engineer at HLR you will be exposed to many types of engineering in your role here learning under experienced Professional Engineers.
We encourage you to apply if you wish to become a versatile member of our expanding family. We are hiring entry level engineers in our Elgin, Springfield and Mt. Carmel locations.
- Completion of roadway, traffic, and drainage design tasks and associated drafting.
- Construction observation and documentation assistance on municipal, county, IDOT, and Illinois Tollway projects.
- Environmental site inspections and other associated duties.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited program (recent or May 2019 Graduate)
- Must have passed or is scheduled to sit for the Fundamentals of Engineering examination
- Previous internship or co-op experience in design and/or construction engineering preferred
- Eager to learn all aspects of the engineering process
- Strong written, verbal, computer, and organizational skills
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation ability preferred