Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) of Springfield, IL is looking to hire a full-time CADD Technician. Are you a CADD professional who is ready to take your career to the next level in a rewarding environment with an established and respected firm that cares about the happiness and wellbeing of their employees? Do you want to work for a firm that works hard, has fun, and gives back? If so, please read on!
ABOUT HAMPTON, LENZINI AND RENWICK, INC. (HLR)
Founded in 1965, we are an employee-owned corporation and a leading provider of professional consulting engineering, environmental, and surveying services for public agencies and private-sector clients in Illinois.
We’ve built a reputation for personalized client service, superior project management, and a dedication to delivering each of our client’s vision. We listen to our clients and develop solutions to meet their needs and we treat everyone with respect, including clients, the community, and our colleagues.
At HLR, our culture and team are paramount to our success. We’ve built an incredible atmosphere that attracts bright, driven, caring individuals who sincerely want to make a difference in the industry. We are truly a team in every sense: we’re mentors and collaborators who believe in supporting one another as we work together to achieve our goals. We’re passionate about employee development, evidenced by our Pathways to Success program — a specialized roadmap to career advancement — as well as the time and resources we dedicate to employee training and education. We challenge ourselves, celebrate accomplishments big and small, and focus on fostering a positive, synergetic environment where individuals can thrive professionally and personally. By joining our team, you are joining us on our mission to make a measurable impact in the communities which we live and work each and every day. Together, we can redefine excellence.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work closely with engineers on the development of plans and drawings for our local agency clients
- Produce drawings and construction plans (e.g. structural, civil roadway, site development, using Bentley, Power GEOPAK/Open Roads Designer)
- Calculate quantities, dimensions, grades, and computations relating to design
- Provide input to ongoing development and achieve compliance with drafting and plans
- Occasional field work may be required
Qualifications and Education:
- Technical degree in Civil Engineering Technology, CADD, or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-5 years of related experience
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience using CADD in the development of structural or general civil engineering plans
- Municipal or general construction observation and surveying experience
- Familiarity or experience with GIS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in math
- Attention to detail and communication between engineer and technician are key to success in this position
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while working
- Constant hand, finger, and arm use
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application through the link below. We look forward to meeting you!