Our Bridge Inspectors Team Lead is an individual who enjoys managing our bridge inspection contracts and knows that two days will never be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some days will be spent in the field as a Team Leader completing inspections of bridges, culverts, noise walls, retaining walls, sign structures, etc.
Other days will be spent in the office working in MicroStation and structural analysis/design software to load rate or repair/rehabilitate bridges inspections of all sizes and works within our county clients locations. Come join this growing structures department. Apply below! This position qualifies for a $10,000 sign on bonus. Bonus not applicable with a recruiter.
- Plan, schedule and perform bridge inspections in accordance with the requirements of specific Bridge Owners, but in all cases, in compliance with the National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) and the AASHTO Manual for Condition Evaluation of Bridges.
- Review, create, and compile all required inspection reports and plan field operations.
- Enforce safe operations in field.
- Liaison with client field/facility staff, assist with critical condition findings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 2 years performing NBIS Inspections as Team Leader on state owned facilities.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or an Engineer-In-Training with intent to achieve State of Illinois Professional Engineer License is preferred but not required