Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? Assistant Resident Engineers are team-focused individuals who thrive on working on challenging projects in our growing Phase III department. This ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience and be ready for the next step in their career. EIT or PE’s encouraged to apply. We are currently recruiting for this position in our Elgin office. Come join this fast paced and growing department. Apply below!
- Assistant Resident Engineer on IDOT, Illinois Tollway (ISTHA), City of Chicago, municipal, and county projects.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with clients and contractors by leading weekly meetings and distributing regular progress reports.
- Assist Resident Engineer to identify potential project issues that may impact schedule/budget and work with all interested parties to remedy the situation.
- Prepare project documentation according to IDOT (or client specific) requirements.
- Pay Estimate and Change Order preparation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- IDOT, ISTHA, and/or City of Chicago (CDOT/CDWM) project experience preferred but not required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or an Engineer-In-Training with intent to achieve State of Illinois Professional Engineer License is preferred but not required.
- IDOT Documentation and ICORS Certification preferred.
- Ideal candidate would possess some experience in Phase II Design.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation ability preferred but no required.