Do you enjoy working outdoors? Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc., is an employee owned growing transportation engineering, and surveying firm providing civil, structural engineering, and survey for public agencies. We are currently seeking a Survey Apprentice in our Elgin and Mt. Carmel office. The apprentice will participate ina 2-year training program. After a one-week June 2020, boot camp, they will work full time while completing a series of online and in-person labs taught by Parkland College. The in-person labs consist of 13 weekend training classes during the 2-year program.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work with a Professional Licensed Surveyor assisting in the survey work on transportation, municipal, and engineering projects.
- Determine property boundaries under the direction of a Professional Land Surveyor.
- Perform construction layout for roadway projects.
- Perform topographic route surveys for use in design.
- Perform machine control set up.
- Perform physical tasks such as pounding stakes, setting monuments, clearing line, etc.
- Calculate areas of land parcels and easements.
- Research previous survey evidence including maps, deeds, physical evidence.
- Create CAD drawings of surveyed sites.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Be willing to travel a few days at a time.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to enroll in apprenticeship program at Parkland College.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Math competencies.
- Physical abilities: physically capable of performing field work including but not limited to, setting monuments, pounding hubs, clearing line, carrying equipment.