Founded in 1965, HLR began as S.W. Knetsch and Associates in DeKalb, Illinois. In 1977, the firm became Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick, Inc. (HLR) and moved its corporate headquarters to Elgin, Illinois.
In 1993, HLR opened an office in Springfield, Illinois, enabling us to provide engineering services to clients in central and southern Illinois. In 2011, the company opened another office in Romeoville, which has since moved to Woodridge, to better serve our clients in the southwest Chicago suburbs.
In the fall of 2015, HLR acquired Lamac Engineering, Inc., based out of Mt. Carmel, Illinois. Lamac has a long and successful history of their own, providing engineering services since 1938. By joining forces, we are able to offer our clients superior customer service and a broad range of engineering expertise.