We are currently seeking a team-focused Resident Engineer that is looking for career development opportunities in a growing Phase III department.
You will join our Elgin, IL based Phase III team and immediately provide resident engineering services to our clients.
- Resident Engineering on IDOT, Illinois Tollway (ISTHA), City of Chicago, municipal, and county projects
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with clients and contractors by leading weekly meetings and distributing regular progress reports
- Identify potential project issues that may impact schedule/budget and work with all interested parties to remedy the situation
- Prepare project documentation according to IDOT (or client specific) requirements
- Pay Estimate and Change Order preparation
Desired Skills and Experience
- IDOT, ISTHA, and/or City of Chicago (CDOT/CDWM) project experience required
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois or an Engineer-In-Training with intent to achieve State of Illinois Professional Engineer License
- IDOT Documentation and ICORS Certification preferred
- Ideal candidate would possess some experience in Phase II Design
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation ability preferred